WOVU 95.9 FM-LP is a community radio station that is an enterprise of Burten, Bell, Carr Development Inc. (BBC), the nonprofit community development corporation serving Cleveland’s Central and Kinsman neighborhoods. WOVU provides a vehicle to connect people to valuable information and resources through on-air broadcasting and associated social media platforms. WOVU will also address the issues and concerns of the community while allowing us to showcase local talent and positive urban music that are not typically mainstream. We operate with the motto that people support what they help create, and WOVU provides many exciting and creative ways to engage, involve, and uplift the community.
Our Mission Statement
To provide an inclusive media platform that connects, engages, and informs the entire community to achieve ongoing social and economic progress for all.
- Awareness – Raise awareness of critical issues affecting our neighborhoods
- Relevance – Maintain relevance to the needs and interests of the community
- Trust – Serve as a trusted source of news through the delivery of verifiable information
- Solution Oriented – Provide solutions oriented facilitation of dialog and messaging
- Celebrate Culture – Highlight productive cultural activities of the community
- Nurture Talent – Serve as a platform for nurturing talent of community residents
- Growth – Build a critical mass of listeners who collectively contributes to WOVU’s mission
- Sustainability – Run a sustainable and financially solvent operation
- Alignment – Maintain consistency with the core values of BBC, the parent organization of WOVU