WOVU 95.9 FM-LP is a community radio station that is an enterprise of Burten, Bell, Carr Development Inc. (BBC), the nonprofit community development corporation serving the Greater Cleveland community through the terrestrial frequency of 95.9 FM. WOVU provides a vehicle to connect people to valuable information and resources through on-air broadcasting and associated social media platforms. WOVU addresses the concerns of the urban community with solutions-driven information that allows us to showcase Northeast Ohio talent and positive urban music not typically found on mainstream radio. We operate with the motto that people support what they help create, and WOVU, “Our Voices United,” provides exciting and creative ways to engage, involve, and uplift the community.
Our Mission Statement
To provide an inclusive media platform that connects, engages, and informs the entire community to achieve ongoing social and economic progress for all.
- Awareness – Raise awareness of critical issues affecting our neighborhoods
- Relevance – Maintain relevance to the needs and interests of the community
- Trust – Serve as a trusted source of news through the delivery of verifiable information
- Solution Oriented – Provide solutions oriented facilitation of dialog and messaging
- Celebrate Culture – Highlight productive cultural activities of the community
- Nurture Talent – Serve as a platform for nurturing talent of community residents
- Growth – Build a critical mass of listeners who collectively contributes to WOVU’s mission
- Sustainability – Run a sustainable and financially solvent operation
- Alignment – Maintain consistency with the core values of BBC, the parent organization of WOVU